Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The Final Cut

      After many trials and tribulations, I have finally finished the editing process. Julia and I met up on Tuesday and dedicated the whole day to finish up editing. We combined the half I edited individually and the half she edited individually and worked to make them seamless. We were finally able to add key sound effects like typing, a car alarm, a text notification, and a message-sent sound effect. I am not going to lie, this was definitely the most stressful part of the project. We worked on editing for hours because every time we thought we were done, we would do something wrong in terms of saving the actual project, which would get rid of the credits or the sound. There were several times when Davinci would just shut down out of nowhere, and restarting my computer would take away time. 

     However, after many YouTube tutorials, online forums, and playing around with the settings, Julia and I were able to finish the final product. We utilized software such as Davinci and VideoStar for editing and animation, and Uppbeat and YouTube for sound effects and music. After some reflection, things I would have done differently include taking more time to finish the editing process so it did not feel as rushed, I also would have done more research beforehand on the basic functions of Davinci to save myself the stress. While it was no easy process, it was definitely rewarding considering the weeks of planning, research, and production we did finally came together and produced an impressive result. Our vision of the film opening was brought to life and notably shows how far we have come since the beginning of the year. 


P.S. I finally know what rendering is!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

That's A Wrap

      Surprise!!! I am still here and I am back for one final post. As you may have already seen, the film opening is completed and now read...