Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Editing Process (Part 1)

      So, we finally started editing. As mentioned before, Julia and I have decided to split the editing in order to be more efficient. I have been tasked with editing the first half of the film opening. To be honest, this is probably the hardest part of the project since I barely know how to edit or use the software. We decided to use Davinci Resolve since we have used it in class before for another project, so at least we know how to complete basic functions. I have been watching tutorials on how to edit all day and found out I was editing in the wrong tab. After correcting my mistake, it was so much easier since I could see all the clips that I imported into the project and did not have to keep scrolling to see the clips.

     I went through all the camera footage and decided which clips we should use based on the quality, camera shakiness, and angle. I suspect that as the editing process continues, I may have to switch out some of the clips so they flow better. At first, I was very scared because my part alone took up six minutes; however, once I began cutting clips down and matching the pacing of the cuts to the music, the duration of the film opening went down. I am happy with our choice of Song #2 since the more upbeat vibe allowed for faster cuts. Below is a picture of the editing process and how much progress we have made so far. Using the professional camera turned out to be a great choice since the quality of the shots is much better than our last project where we shot with an iPhone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

That's A Wrap

      Surprise!!! I am still here and I am back for one final post. As you may have already seen, the film opening is completed and now read...