Friday, March 18, 2022

Getting a Second Opinion

 This week in class, we got into groups and told our classmates about our film openings and our progress in order to get some feedback. This activity allowed Julia and I to get some more ideas to further enhance our film opening. First, it was good to know we were on the right track since everyone was at the same stage we were: production. While the people in my group had completely different ideas, there was one person who was also doing a coming-of-age film opening, so it was nice to share some ideas on how we were going to incorporate the genre elements into the opening. It was refreshing to see everyone’s creativity and I was really inspired for post-production, something I was previously scared about because of my lack of experience.

One of my peers in my group looked at our storyboard and recommended not just typing the title, but also the opening credits. My friend and I really liked this idea, but it interferes with our plan of having the credits appear as we show different shots of the room. Fortunately, we came up with a resolution and decided to still show the opening credits as we show the setting, but have them typed out in the corner. Additionally, someone in my group shared an amazing website with royalty free sound effects and music that I plan to use in the editing process. I was honestly having trouble finding good sound effects that were copyright free, but this website seems like it will really help; it is called Uppbeat. Overall, I look forward to editing my project with all these new ideas and advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

That's A Wrap

      Surprise!!! I am still here and I am back for one final post. As you may have already seen, the film opening is completed and now read...