Sunday, February 27, 2022

Eat. Sleep. Pinterest. Repeat.

      For the past few days I’ve been exclusively using Pinterest, trying to make a mood board for the whole film of Unwritten (Title finally decided on!!) . I’m a very visual person, so I decided to map out the idea I had in my head of the opening and the aesthetics I wanted the whole film to have. In my mind, there are two ways to classify movies from the coming of age genre. The first one is early 2000s movies which aren’t as affected by technology and focus more on conflicts relating other high school girls. The second type is the modern coming of age which includes films like Ladybird, The Edge of Seventeen, etc. These films focus more on problems beyond just highschool. The aesthetic I want Unwritten to have is more of a modern coming of age film. The moodboard I made is attached below.



     The moodboard contains many images of writing and reading which represent Malia’s interests. What many of the images have in common are that the writing/annotations are all over the page to show how much Malia likes to analyze writing and the meticulousness that goes into her own writing. Malia is still a high school student so there are pictures of lockers, her around the school, or her with her best friend. The picture of the graduation caps and college acceptance letters make it clear that she needs to reach her decision soon, there is a deadline of when she can decide her path. This moodboard will help my partner and I maintain a cohesive look to the opening of the film, and understand Malia’s character at a deeper level. Consequently, we will be more detail-oriented when it comes to designing her room or dictating her actions since we have a better understanding of her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's A Wrap

      Surprise!!! I am still here and I am back for one final post. As you may have already seen, the film opening is completed and now read...