Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Start of A New Chapter

      And so it begins, the AICE Media Studies portfolio project that my class has been leading up to all year. I'm not going to lie, it seems very intimidating but I did get a jolt of excitement when looking at the rubric and thinking of all the possibilities. I have decided to undertake this project with a partner, and I feel as if our similar interests will aid in creating a film opening I am proud of. But first, we must do the hardest part of the project: the brainstorming session. Watching numerous films growing up has caused me to have so many ideas that I do not know where to even start. The genres that come to mind are drama, horror, and my personal favorite dystopian. I feel as if creating a dystopian film would be a challenge considering it requires a lot of world-building and a bigger budget to actually look cool. My partner Julia and I have already discussed some elements we could build our opening around considering we love reading. One of our favorite book openings of all time is from It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, so maybe we can draw some inspiration from her work to get the ball rolling. Maybe our protagonist can be a writer who gets consumed by her work or a writer who gets sucked into her stories. The possibilities are endless, so our next step is to meet up, do some research, and come up with a plot for our film. I am thrilled to see how it turns out and document the whole process on this blog to see how we grow along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's A Wrap

      Surprise!!! I am still here and I am back for one final post. As you may have already seen, the film opening is completed and now read...