Sunday, February 20, 2022

I Suck at Time Management

      I'll admit I have a flaw. Trying to manage time, especially with a big project that spans eight weeks, will be very difficult unless I establish a schedule right from the beginning. I am determined to carefully plan out everything in order to not leave everything until the last minute and sacrifice the quality of my film opening as a result of it. There are seven weeks left until our final due date: April 4th, 2022. In addition, there are four main stages I must for through which include pre-production, production, post-production, and editing.

     So far, I have been focusing on the planning and research side of the film opening. My partner Julia and I have finally decided on our storyline and how we want to structure our film opening. Our next step is to research our character more and create layouts, storyboards, etc. of the full two minutes of our film opening. This is our ideal schedule:

Week 2/21-2/27

  • Research and establish the protagonist (her underlying purpose, conflicts, motivations)
  • Create mood boards for the film to create a cohesive aesthetic
  • Start drafting storyboards
  • Create a clearer layout of the film opening

Week 2/28-3/6

  • Continue making storyboards
  • Write the script
  • Make decisions on casting
  • Figure out filming locations and mise-en-scene

Week 3/7-3/13

  • Research lighting and how it is used in film
  • Get materials needed for filming ready
  • Film for the rest of the week
  • Research the editing software we are using more

Week 3/14-3/20

  • Editing 101, focus on editing the opening
  • Learn about cool effects we can use in our opening
  • Decide what fonts we want to use, how we want to animate the film's title

Week 3/21-3/27

  • Do any necessary reshoots
  • Start the creative critical reflection
  • Finish the editing process once and for all

Week 3/28-4/1

  • Finish and edit the creative critical reflection 
  • Have a meeting with partner on what went well and what could have been improved
  • Jump for joy

Week 4/2-4/4

  • Finally submit everything we put our blood, sweat, and tears into
  • Three days of extra time to leave room for unexpected setbacks
     Obviously, this schedule does not cover all parts of the process that will go into the film opening considering my partner and I are still learning, and we have never done anything like this before. Hopefully, this schedule will help us stay organized since we have to hit certain targets each week. My takeaway from this is that I need to clear my schedule for the next eight to nine weeks.


A Notion page I made to keep myself organized and make sure the process of making this film opening stays on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment

That's A Wrap

      Surprise!!! I am still here and I am back for one final post. As you may have already seen, the film opening is completed and now read...